Thursday, August 5, 2010

Swim Lessons Again

My youngest has recently started swim lessons. He is doing great; however, he is not afraid of the water at all. If he had his way we would let him loose in the water. He forgets that he has not idea how to swim. I am hoping this class teachers him how to be safe in the water, but I do not think he is paying attention enough to understand the teacher. He is so busy during the whole class trying to get out of our hands and do his own thing. He will learn eventually...I hope!!
My oldest has started private lessons because I did not think she was learning too much in group lessons. She is doing great and really learning how to swim. The techniques she has learned in just a few weeks are great. She is even practicing outside of the water. This is her 6th swim class, but the first one where she is one on one with the teacher and I think it makes all of the difference. I will definitely sign my youngest up for private sessions when he is 3. I think by that age kids are ready to learn and need more than just games to get comfortable in the water.

No comments: